CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

This Is Love

During the snow storm this week, we've had our friends, Henry and Harmony, here while their preschool is closed. Today, since it is Valentine's Day, I asked all four older kids, "What is love?" Here are their replies:

Emma (age 5): Love is sharing and not yelling or bossing too much. It's doing something you know God wants you to do except maybe you don't want to do it. Love is for everybody--even the mean kids on the playground but I don't know if they know it.

Henry (age 4 1/2): Love is cool. Really cool! It is not being mean and sharing my favorite stuff. It's liking people, too. I love my mom and dad and usually my sister but sometimes that's hard. And, firefighters love to drive firetrucks and make rescues except when they are tired.

Ruthie (age 3 1/2): Love is nice. It's what God wants us to do. Love is Jesus and God and angels and the Bible and Sunday School. Oh, love is getting a present even when it isn't my birthday.

Harmony (age 2 3/4): Love is big! Really big! Love feels like my mom.
Love is not scary, either!

I loved their answers! They were so honest! Here is what the Bible says about love:

We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He
first loved us."
I John 5:17-19

Happy Valentine's Day to you! May it be a day filled with an awareness of God's love for you and for us all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I'm not surprised that Henry brought in the fire fighters. Kids definitely "get" God, sometimes better than we do...

Anonymous said...

This is refreashing to read after a stressful day at work! So glad that you started this.