CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Being Fruitful


This is a picture of not-quite ripe cherry tomatoes from our garden. The picture was taken over a month ago and we have since enjoyed the delicious fruit of this plant. I was looking at this picture today and thinking that God designed all of us to do what this little plant is doing. He made us to produce fruit. Some of us are meant to be prolific and some of us are meant to work our entire lives to produce one, solitary fruit. Whatever His specific design, we all share a common goal: fruit-bearing. Here are some questions I'm asking myself and you, too, can ponder. I'd love to hear your thoughts...


Am I bearing the fruit God intended me to bear? If not, why not?


Are there any "weeds" (sin) in my life preventing me from bearing fruit?


Am I allowing God to water and feed me in the Word and prayer so my fruit can be as big and healthy as possible?


Am I allowing God to be the Master Gardener in my life, trusting His pruning and care fully?


Thank You, God, for reminding me to abide in You. Keep me weed-free, pruned and able to bear fruit. Use me for what You designed. I'm wholly Yours. In Jesus' name, Amen.








0 comments: