CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 11, 2007

When Mommy Is Sick...

When Mommy is sick...

I still get out of bed, though not at my usual 6:15 AM.
I still make breakfast, even if it is sugared cereal, grape juice or Pop-Tarts.
Everyone still gets dressed, but they usually get to wear anything they want--including last year's ballet tights and their favorite Christmas sweater.
I still do the dishes, but with my head resting on the counter above the sink.
I still do the laundry. But, no ironing.
I still read books, but they can't be too long and my eyes close in between pages.
We still play outside, but I sit in a lawn chair, wrapped in a blanket in the shade of our tree.
I still braid my girls' hair, though it isn't very neat or pretty.
I still make lunch. Spagettio's. Sigh...
I still put everyone down for a nap. And then I take one, too--Hallelujah!
I still answer the phone, though my voice is unrecognizable.
I still make a "To-Do" list, but it's much, much shorter.
I still referee arguments, but my patience is very thin.
I still hold crying children, but I want to cry, too.
I still remember vitamins, but not until later in the day.

We still pray before each meal, but I'm silently begging God for healing.
We still read Bible lessons, but I cringe when it's about enduring.
I still listen to my children's questions about God, and know that I have some big ones today, too.
We still pray for Daddy, but today I know he is praying me through.

We still praise the Lord for the wonderful day, and I praise Him for His grace that is wonderfully, mercifully carrying me through...

Because He still loves me.

1 comments:

Ms. Theophilus said...

And you still care for other people's children, as if they're your own...thank you. I hope you feel better SOON!