CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

At least I didn't burn down the house!


So,this afternoon I had a craving for cookies. All three older girls were either napping or resting (it was an emotional morning for some reason and they needed a break) and Samuel was fed and on his way to dream land. I got the first tray of cookies baked and had put the second in the oven when the phone rang. The ringing startled the baby for some reason and he started crying. I let the machine get the phone (thank you very much to whomever hung up!) and picked up Samuel to comfort him. I switched out the cookie trays and placed the third and final one in to bake. Samuel fell asleep and I decided to fold laundry while waiting on the cookies. I put away the laundry and then decided to fill out some medical forms that needed attnetion. Then I started filling out our new family calendar and sorting through some other paperwork. Things were going along very nicely and I was enjoying the peace and quiet...

Then I realized that third tray of cookies had been in the oven for over 30 minutes....

Do I know how to bake or what?!

At least I didn't burn down the house!

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

heheheh i love that you documented the cooking disaster...happier, though, so see your littlest man at home and to see God walking you through it all!!!

Ann said...

Oh my...the other ones tasted great!!!