CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

To-Do List For the Stay-At-Home Mom Of Four

I'm a list-maker most of the time and here is my (almost) complete list of things to do for today:
1. Read Bible
2. LAUNDRY
(by the way, these two are always on my list and always in this order!)
3. Find Hello Kitty socks for Olivia since she's been asking for them for a week now.
4. Brush teeth--mine and theirs!
5. Take shower
6. Sweep and mop kitchen floor so socks don't stick to grape jelly tracks in front of fridge!
7. Call Mom
8. School
9. Make menus for next week
10. Make dinner

I try to keep the list to ten items or less so I can feel like I can actually accomplish the entire list. However, with a super-crab for a son who is teething, teething, teething...we only got #4, #6 and #8 done today. Thankfully, we were invited to dinner by friends who need to eat up leftovers, the laundry can sit until tomorrow, the socks...well, we'll try again tomorrow, my Mom will understand if I don't call today, I have a couple more days to review my menu plan and make a grocery list, and maybe I can hop in the shower before we leave for dinner. It's not getting #1 done that makes this day feel so...well, so unproductive. I need to work on that.

Thanks, Lord, for being with me in this day. Please comfort Samuel and help me to see where there is more time in my day to spend with You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

3 comments:

Charity Grace said...

My babe has been teething for a long time too. I am so tired, and my heart goes out to you! I know how it is! They are up all night and then wake up with the sweetest smile the next day. It's exhausting, but worth it. Hang in there! It is really encouraging to hear that I am not the only one struggling with getting my to-do list crossed off!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the number one thing! I recently asked God why He won't give me more free time with Him ( as you know where this answer will go!) He replied there are 24 hours in the day, so pick one!

Teething!?!? Kairi is too, just popped one of the two that are budding up on the bottom! Do you use pain reliever!? Aimee showed me these fabulous little miracle tablets! They can go in conjunction with Tylenol and Motrin, they are called Hyland's Homeopathic Teething tablets! They work wonders for soothing the fussys away!

Charity Grace said...

Jen, you won my giveaway--the teapot paper! If you'll email me your snail mail addy at simplecraftAThotmailDOTcom, I will pop it in the mail to you Monday. :)