CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What I've noticed...

...the less time I spend with my kids in their normal routine and rhythms and the more activities and extras we throw into the mix, the worse their behavior and mine is.

...I can't make up for my bad behavior and sharp tone by giving my kids extra book reading and an Oreo. I have to sincerely apologize and also repent in my heart to make it right. I really do have to walk the walk and talk the talk.

...the grass is waaay greener on my side of the fence.

...my kids are really well-behaved in general, so I need to be consistent and persistent in both their spiritual training as well as behavioral training. Though it is tiring, it must be working!

...God is always big enough to handle whatever I'm facing. Always.

Thanks Lord for new and improved perspectives from Your Word. Thank You for not letting me "think I know" what You think and who You are, but rather showing Yourself to me clearly through Your Word. I love that about You and I love that You know just exactly what to say to soothe me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

We were just discussing apologizing to our kids at our house this week and I was actually thinking about blogging about it too. I so agree with what you said. I have lots of practice. (Ouch!)