CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

His First Date...

Samuel had his first date today. Granted, it was with his mother, but it was a celebratory event all the same.

He will be 2 months old Saturday. Two months...and how did I ever manage to live life fully without him?

Today, I took him (and him only) for his one and only follow-up appointment with his surgeon. As expected, the surgeon was ecstatic over Samuel's progress. He is weighing in at a hefty 10 lbs. 8 oz and has exceeded all expectations. He's been rolling over on his own for a good week, now! Instead of being behind the curve, he is well ahead of it and that is entirely due to God's great blessings and grace.

To celebrate his good health, I took my sweet boy to Trader Joe's to buy some fruit and lotion. They were out of the lotion I was hunting for (boo-hoo), but we did splurge on strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Samuel spent the entire shopping trip making adorable cooing sounds and locking eyes with anyone and everyone who peered into his car seat for a look-see at the most beautiful boy. Ever.

After the store, I wanted to eat at Chipotle where they make a mean vegetarian beans-and-rice-and-all-things-yum-o bowl. But, the line was entirely too long and time was short. That was okay. The whole recycled-building, crazy-good food atmosphere would have been lost on Sam anyway.

When we got home, we settled down for a nice nap on the bed while the girls watched a movie on the computer. I vaguely remember being able to nap in the middle of the day with our first baby. Sigh. Those were the days... It was nice to have some snuggle time with my little man.

All in all, it was a good first date. He was ever the gentleman, allowing me to pick and choose the activities and providing wonderful companionship. He dressed stylishly, yet comfortably. Oh, and he kept the drool and other bodily noises to a minimum. Always a plus! I'm looking forward to our next date...

Thank You, Lord, for Samuel and the miracle fo his life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

4 comments:

Little mama Rossi said...

Glad things went well! Also glad you got a nap!

Ann said...

Wow, I can't believe he's 2 months already! Sounds like a great first date--I hope you have many more.

Mrs. H said...

such great news! thanks, God!! glad you two had a good day out!

my samuel isn't impressed much by chipole, either. BUT if you go in on Halloween wearing something made out of tin foil, they give you a free burrito! i'm thinking i could makes hats for sam and myself and cover my belly...would that earn 3 burritos? dinner for several nights!!!

Mrs. Pear said...

Such wonderful news!

Praise the Lord!