CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Melt-in-your-Mouth Cornbread

This is for Mrs. Pear...and because we are having chili and cornbread for dinner, and I have about 5 minutes to blog today! Enjoy!

Melt In Your Mouth Cornbread
2 C all-purpose, unbleached flour
2 C corn meal
2 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 C light brown sugar
2/3 C vegetable oil
2 C milk.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease (2) 12-cup muffins tins or (1) 9X13 baking pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar and vegetable oil together until smooth. Gradually whisk milk to egg-sugar-oil mixture. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients all at once and whisk just until combined (do not over mix). Pour into prepared muffins cups or pan. Bake: Muffins--12-15 minutes, Pan--30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Mrs. Pear said...

Sounds good! i will try it!

Thank you so much!

jan said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm glad your life is returning to normal and you have, even if it's only 5 minutes, time to blog again. :-)

Ann said...

I will vouch for this being great cornbread!

Anonymous said...

Jen the best cook I know! Really! I still adore the cookbook you gave me at my bridal shower with your own recipes in it! I've only added a few, I am good at the directions not making up my own stuff!

Anyway glad to see a post from you! I have been praying for your rest, and schooling the girls. I hope things are starting to settle into a better routine for you all! It seems when they are small the "routine" is ever changing as they grow, atleast for mine it is! I hope you have a blessed week!

Love,
Jess