CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Bible In 90 Days Challenge

Technically, I should have my nose buried in my Bible, completing my reading assignment for the day. But, I'm having trouble winding down, so here I am sharing the challenge with all of you!



I started the challenge last Thursday, and by our next meeting, I need to have completed Genesis and Exodus. So far, my biggest struggle has been the manner in which I need to read to be able to complete the assignments. I'm a speed reader by nature, so it isn't the amount of reading. If this were any other book, I would probably be well ahead of schedule, devouring pages lickety-split. But, I'm forever spoiled. We attend Calvary Chapel and we've been taught chapter by chapter, verse by verse, inducting hundreds and hundreds of verses each year. We welcome rabbit trails and extensive researching of meanings and translations. It suits me to a "T." I'm a detail person. I remember birthdays and anniversaries and unusual spellings and intricate directions. But, this study requires a very different approach. It's a "big picture" study and I've always struggled with the big picture.



Don't get me wrong--I get the very basic concepts of the Bible and God's message to us. But, I find myself getting caught up in the details of each colorful story. It's hard to glance over them and not stop to study them through! I know there is purpose in this approach, though, and I am excited to see what God will be showing me as I study the Bible as a whole.



Thank You, Lord, for this study and for this new way of reading and understanding Your Word. Please grant me understanding, wisdom and clarity of how You are speaking to me at this time in my life. Bless my study times and continue to provide that time for me as You see fit. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

0 comments: