CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ten on Tuesdays--Genesis and Exodus

Thanks to Ann for hosting Ten on Tuesdays!

I'm doing the Bible in 90 Days Challenge and thought I would post 10 things I've discovered/remembered while reading. I'm not all the way through Exodus yet, but we'll give this a whirl!

1. The lights God placed in the universe serve these purposes:
--As signs
--For seasons
--For days
--For years Gen 1:14
2. Refusing to call sin sin, not taking ownership of sin creates even more sin. The blame game never leads to redemption--just more complicating sins. Gen. 3:12-13
3. It isn't until Gen 4:26 that any mention is made of people calling on the name of the Lord.
4. Both Enoch and Noah are described as "walking with God." Enoch was just "not;" Noah was given a floating home to escape the evil of the world. Gen. 5:24, Gen 6:9
5. I wonder how long it took for Noah to collect all those animals?! Gen. 6:22
6. The genealogy of Nimrod was:
Noah--Ham--Cush--Nimrod
Even the best parenting and most spiritually devoted family can produce wicked offspring. It's all a matter of the individual heart. Gen 10:8
7. Abraham called upon the name of the Lord A LOT! Gen.12:8, 13:4, 13:18, 21:33 as some examples
8. In the picture of Christ we get with Abraham and Isaac on Mt. Moriah, three things were necessary for the sacrifice: Fire, Wood and a Lamb. Those same things were needed for Christ's sacrifice: Fire of the Holy Spirit, Wood of the Cross, Lamb of God. Gen 22:7
9. Isaac provides a wonderful example of a husband interceding on behalf of his wife. Gen 25:21
10. Esau's descendants (his 12 tribes) developed kings and kingdoms long before Israel did. Gen. 36:31

Okay, I have WAAAY more than 10 things in my notes. I could probably list 100 things that I've noticed or things I want to go back and study! Isn't God's Word wonderfully rich and vibrant?!?!

Thanks, Lord, for opening my heart to Your Word. Amen.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

You're doing the 90 challenge? How'd you hear about it? Velocity (the middle high youth group here) is doing it as well.

Jen said...

Sounds about right...me and a bunch of middle schoolers on the same spiritual wave length:)

The Women's Ministry Center is offering it this Spring.

Miss you...