CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Easy Recipes

Maybe I'll get back to posts with a bit more substance. I can't believe I only posted twice in April! When I'm pregnant, I tend to really focus on certain things...my husband, my girls, our home. Blogging hasn't been a priority lately, but I've got a few posts rolling around in my head so eventually they will make their way here!

We've had some unexpected company and events over the last couple of months and I wanted to share with you (all three of you who are still reading my blog!) a couple of easy recipes that work great when time and resources are short. Hope they can bless another family!

Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
1 bag wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
2 C cooked and cubed chicken breasts (or 2 cans of chicken)
2 cans mixed vegetables, drained
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 C shredded co-jack (or your favorite) cheese
2 Tbsp milk

Grease a 9X13 pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. It helps to add the noodles to the mixture hot as it helps melt the cheese. Pour casserole into greased pan. Spray a piece of aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray and cover pan. Bake for 30 minutes, removing foil for last 10 minutes. Enjoy!

Sausage Breakfast Bake
8 pieces of bread (any kind--I use french bread and guess on the amount)
1 lb sausage (any kind--I like maple flavored) cooked and drained
2 C milk
4 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dry mustard (optional)
2 C shredded cheese (I use co-jack)

Grease a 9X13 pan. Place bread in bottom of pan. Sprinkle sausage evenly over the top of bread. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper and mustard together. Pour evenly over sausage and bread. Sprinkle cheese over top and cover with foil. Place in fridge overnight or at least 6 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered. Enjoy!

Hot Chicken Sandwiches
This is embarrassingly easy, but a great dish to make if you want to share with another family or have lots of leftovers. The chicken is plain--so kids like it!--but can be dressed up with BBQ sauce, ketchup and the like.

2 pkgs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans chicken broth
1 sleeve saltines, crushed

Place chicken and broth in crock pot. Cook on high for 6 hours, low 8 hours. Shred with 2 forks. Add crushed saltines and mix well. Let sit at least 15 minutes so crackers soften well. Serve hot on buns with desired garnishes. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Charity Grace said...

mmmm, the chicken casserole sounds so good!