CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Giving Thanks

The meds I've been on--and now am blissfully allowed to stop taking!--have had some really unpleasant side effects, so "modified" bed rest has not been much of a picnic. However, I was reminded this morning in Philippians to give thanks:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which passes all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

So, with that in mind, these are some of the things I'm thankful for today:

The wonderful lotion my best friend sent me from The Naked Bee.
That my servant-minded husband is in the kitchen preparing lunch as I type.
Clean, fresh, white sheets and a freshly laundered quilt to sleep under.
That this little guy is happily kicking away, oblivious to anything amiss in my body.
That each day that passes by uneventfully, is one day closer to the day I will meet this little boy.
For friends who call just to pray over the phone with me.
That my bathroom scale seems to be broken...I didn't really need to know how much I weigh, right?!
That my girls seem to be content to stay indoors today and color and play ponies and Barbies with me, instead of running around outside.
That Emma is reading at a third grade level!
For the Word of God, which always takes me to a place closer to the Lord and farther from my own concerns.

Thank You, Lord, for reminding me to thank You in all situations and that all things can be brought to Your feet. In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey Jen,
I hope you're doing well! glad you are able to stop taking the meds. I will continue to be praying for you.
And thanks for sharing my site with the women. I kinda tried to with Lyn, but she was afraid it'd be too complicated so I just left it at that. But I'm sure she'll be able to figure it out! So thanks.