CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

How To Sell An Epidural...

...Simply place an expectant mother in a hospital room directly across the hallway from a mother giving birth naturally. Be sure that both doors are open at all times. Also, be sure that the mother giving birth naturally has a long labor, lasting through the night and into the next mid-day.
Most importantly, be sure the mother giving birth has no problem vocalizing her pain over and over again, through each mountainous contraction for 14-plus hours. If possible, have the laboring mother cry, scream and beg to be knocked out. Expletives are optional...
That ought to do the trick!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Please tell me that wasn't your neighbor!

Jen said...

She was indeed my neighbor, though I did spend time praying for her through the worst of it. I pray she is at peace about her labor experience and now enjoying the beauty of her new baby.
But, it reaffirmed my conclusion that epidurals are on the list of acceptable labor procedures for me, personally!