CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Day Without The Kids!

Today was a special day. Our friends, the Taylor's, celebrated their daughter, Harmony's, 3rd birthday (Happy Birthday, Harmony!) and invited all three of our girls over for a birthday party and pajama party. So, basically from 1:00 PM-8:30 PM we were KID FREE! I am certain this is the first time since Olivia was born that we have been sans kids for more than a couple of hours. It was...wonderful.

I think it is so easy to get so wrapped up in being a mommy that I forget about being a wiffee! Not that I purposely neglect dear Charlie. It's just so hard to really focus on what he is saying when I'm up to my elbows in a poopy diaper or I'm trying to hear him over the constant murmurings of our pre-schoolers. Some days, I wonder if we actually had a real conversation or not. I know we talk to each other, but many days those conversations have centered around potty training or finding a prized princess costume or who gets which medicine at what time or which girl is drinking out of which colored sippy cup. Not real, honest "where-are-you-with-the-Lord" conversations. It's so important to do that!

So, thank you, Taylors, for braving the day with our three plus your two! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to talk and laugh together. Thank you for being such good, God-loving friends. Thanks for loving on our girls today! The Lord bless you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our pleasure! It's always fun to watch them play. We'll have to do it again sometime soon :)

Rachel said...

Woohoo! I'm glad you had time together as Charlie and Jen, instead of Mommy and Daddy, for just a little while. Isn't it good when you see your child(ren) again though? I feel like my favorite times of day are 7:00pm (bedtime) and 7:30am (wakeup time!)