CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Quietude of Home

Thank God, O women, for the quietude of your home, and that you are queen in it. Men come at eventide to the home; but all day long you are there, beautifying it, sanctifying it, adorning it, blessing it. Better be there than wear a queen's coronet. Better be there than carry the purse of a princess. It may be a very humble home. There may be no carpet on the floor. There may be no pictures on the wall. There may be no silks in the wardrobe; but, by your faith in God, and your cheerful demeanor, you may garniture that place with more splendor than the upholsterer's hand ever kindled.
Rev. T De Witt Talmage, D.D.
I found this quote on another blog I read often. So true, so true! It is better for us, sisters, to be quietly keeping our homes, raising our children, loving our husbands, than to be doing anything else. In the end, nothing will remain but that which the Lord redeems. Let us all be about the business of God's redemption! And let us all rejoice doing whatever the Lord provides for our hands to do!
Note: If you tried to follow the link above on my original post date, the link was incorrect. I excluded a very important dash. Thanks, Ann, for letting me know!

1 comments:

Ann said...

I don't think your link is right--it was from 2005 and only had two posts? One about how big houses are and that they don't like that, and ... I don't remember the other. But yes, home is a great place to be! (as I type this from work :))