CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Emma!

Dear, sweet Emma,
Today is your sixth birthday...it's really been six whole years since God brought you into this world and my arms. He used you to make me a mother and it has been six years of absolute joy and privilege. Yesterday, you said, "Well, it's my last day being five. I better really enjoy it!" How true, sweetheart! That's exactly how I think of you--someone who is really just enjoying God's good pleasures. You always have great ideas of ways we can all enjoy Him. Right now, you have a real tenderness towards others who are less fortunate than you, especially children in other countries. Every spare penny you find goes into one of your "mission jars" for another country. I love that about you! I love that you are teaching me things about mission work!
I know you love your sisters but that they irritate you at times. I appreciate the way you love them anyway and always try to be fair with them. I especially love the way you try to protect them and are always teaching them about Jesus. Ruthie recently told me that she hoped she grows up to be your best friend. That says so much about the love you two share as sisters!
This has been our first year homeschooling and we've had ups and downs. I hope you will look back when you are older and only remember the "ups!" You are learning to read and are really great at math!. We've been working on your 100 Gifts List for Christmas and I'm really proud of the things you know are gifts from God. Really, I'm just so proud of you!
Emma, this was an awesome day with you today! Every day of your life has been a blessing to me and Daddy. We are so excited to see God's plan for your life unfold and for you to step out in it. God bless you today and each day of the coming year! I love you, sweetheart!
Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Emma!!!!!
You are so sweet!

jan said...

Hi again Jen-
Do you scrapbook?
This was a beautiful letter to your daughter and I just thought it would be special to print and put in her scrapbook, if you do that sort of thing. :-)
judy

Bethany said...

Hey Jen! I didn't know you had a blog. Now I do, and it's exciting.
:-D

Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Emma! What a great tribute letter!