CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Santa Claus, Air Conditioning and Heaven

It's been a bit hectic around here, what with last minute shopping, massive baking, errands, snow storms, and the usual chaos of three kids! Here are a few cute quotes from our little tribe:

Concerning Santa Claus...
Ruthie: Look! There's Santa Claus! In the white beard and the red pants!
Olivia: Santa Claus!
Emma: Guys! That Santa isn't real. That's just a man dressed up in a suit pretending to be Santa!

Ruthie: (thinking) Well, Santa might not be real, but the man inside the suit is real. Maybe he thinks he really is Santa so be quiet or you'll hurt his feelings!

"Air" Conditioning...
As we were getting ready for a wedding this past weekend, the girls and I were having a "beauty day," meaning they were allowed to use the off-limits master bathroom to get ready. We had clothes, shoes, make-up and what-not strewn all over the place. They took turns showering in our tub and I let them use my special shampoo and soaps--a special treat indeed! While I was helping Emma dress and fix her hair, Ruthie was in the shower washing her hair. She kept saying over and over, "Mommy, I just love air conditioning! I love air conditioning!" It took me a few minutes to realize what she meant was, "Mommy, I just love hair conditioner!"

On Heaven...
This morning, I could here the girls arguing in another room. Everyone was fighting over the same Barbie doll. I walked in and confiscated the Barbie and used the opportunity to pray with each of them and remind them that above all, we show love for each other. After everyone calmed down and was emotionally stable, Ruthie started telling us how she hoped there were lots and lots of beautiful Barbies to play with in heaven. Emma smirked and said, "That's a messed up kind of heaven, Ruthie." With tears in her eyes, Ruthie said, "Okay. I don't want there to be any Barbies in heaven." I pulled her on my lap and asked her, "Why did you change your mind, sweet pea?" With her big, beautiful, teary blue eyes, she looked at me and said, "If that's a messed up heaven then I know it's really hell so I don't want to go there."


From the mouths of babes...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Jen, I know I haven't commented for a while, but I am reading! I like your "new haircut"-- very...festive, and I don't know the word I'm looking for, but I like it! Enjoyed today's post. Love, Rachel

Ann said...

Too funny!! Gotta love their ways of thinking...especially Ruthie these days :)

jan said...

Wow! Those are profound and funny statements.
I really enjoyed reading this!
Judy

Unknown said...

I love funny quotes from our kids! I have a post about the funny prayer requests the girls had for all of their dolls and stuffed animals.