CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Christmas Wish List

Remember making those Christmas lists for Santa, or your folks, or the grandparent who always spoiled you? This is my Christmas wish list...

Peace...not on earth, just in our house. For one entire hour. All my girls loving each other, sharing their toys, putting each other first, smiling, joyful, obedient.
(I'd settle for no temper tantrums today.)

Self-cleaning bathrooms...how do they get dirty the moment I put the cleaning bucket away?! If a little fairy could magically wave her wand and make the wet sinks, dirty towels, unflushed toilets, spotty mirrors, and overflowing trashcans disappear each time someone used them, that would be wonderful!
(I'd actually settle for flushed toilets.)

Self-folding laundry...I don't mind washing it, drying it, ironing it, or even putting it away. I just don't like folding it. If they invented a laundry folding machine, I'd be first in line for purchases!
(Today, I'd take laundry that ends up in the hamper and not on the bedroom floor.)

A backyard with a micro-climate...I like looking at snow and the way it blankets the earth, covering up things that are normally ugly. I even enjoy a snowball fight once every decade, or so. What I would enjoy, though, is a little tropical micro-climate in the backyard, where I could enjoy sunshine and tropical weather and a small beach front all year 'round. Snow suit at the front door, swim suit at the back door!
(I'd settle for sunshine and melting snow.)

Some of my body parts from my twenties...Namely, my joints and muscles. Oh, and maybe my waistline.
(Today, I'd take hips that don't scream when I run.)

An extra eight hours each night reserved only for sleeping...not cleaning or cooking or worrying or checking on the girls or the dogs or the thermostat or, or, or... Just sleeping.
(Okay, so I'd settle for just ONE night like that!)

Thanks, Lord, that You don't always give me what I want, but always what I need. All joking aside, I'm so grateful for the many ways you shower me with blessings day in and day out. I love You, In Jesus' Name, Amen.

2 comments:

mrks said...

Jen,
I've been stopping by for a long time, just lurking. But I've decided to tell you how much I enjoy your posts, and how much they bless me. God's word is always so timely, isn't it? Please continue to write....
God Bless you!
Michele

Jen said...

Michele,
Not lurking...just being of few words, which is just fine. Thanks for the comment, though. They are always appreciated.
Yes, God's timing is so perfect...especially when we make time for it to be so. God bless you and Merry Christmas!
Jen