CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Olivia's Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know I've been sharing some recipes lately. It occurred to me recently that God has blessed me with a talent for cooking and that He has afforded me several opportunities to bless others with the comfort of good food. We've probably had hundreds of people in our home, around our table, sharing in fellowship over a meal or dessert. Many of you also have this gifting and calling to minister, so I want to pass along the blessings of great recipes, when possible.

This is my chocolate chip cookie recipe. My little Olivia helped me come up with the secret ingredient, by accident. I asked her to find the corn flakes for another cookie recipe I own and we were all out. She handed me the Rice Krispies box and I thought, "Why not?" They were delicious and I've tweaked that same so-so recipe into a fantastic recipe. Take it, bake some and enjoy!

Olivia's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields: 5-6 dozen, 2" cookies
1 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
1 C brown sugar
1 Tbsp. milk
1/4 vegetable or canola oil
3 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 C flour
2 C oats
1 C Rice Krispies
12 oz. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, combine baking soda, salt and flour. Set aside. In a stand mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese and white sugar about 2 minutes, scraping bowl as needed. Add brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and milk. When mixed thoroughly, add vegetable oil and flour mixture. Mix thoroughly. Add oats and stir to combine. Add Rice Krispies and stir to combine. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool on sheets of aluminum foil. Store in airtight container. Be prepared to devour several in one sitting! Enjoy!

0 comments: