CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Hugging Place--Because He Knows You

O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thoughts from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, behold, O Lord, You know it all. You have enclosed me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is too high, I cannot attain it. Psalm 139:1-6

Why does God desire to spend time with us? After all, He’s God. He doesn’t get lonely or depressed or need company. He doesn’t need to unwind or vent His frustrations or cry on our shoulders. What does God get out of our time with Him?

Me. You. That’s what He gets. And, that’s exactly what He wants. Of all the beautiful things and wonders His hands have made, you and I are most precious to Him. Of all His creation, we were chosen to reflect His image and given free will to worship Him, to know Him and His will.

My kids were asking me what I want for my birthday this year. I told them I wanted a day with them, just spending time together and enjoying each other. They looked at each other, then my oldest daughter said, “But what present do you want, Mommy?” She didn’t understand that I, as her mom, just want the gift of time with her. I want to hang out with her, enjoying who she is. And, I want her to know me and how very much I love her. It’s the same with the Lord. He already knows every detail of our lives. He wants us to come to Him, whatever condition we’re in, and fellowship with Him.

That knowledge is too wonderful! Let it sink in for a moment: the God of our universe, Master, Maker, Savior wants to hang out with you. There is nothing else He would rather do or place He would rather be. He’s never busy or tired or sick or preoccupied. He is always available to you. Spending time with God accomplishes two things:
God reveals Himself to you.
God reveals that He knows everything about you.

Today, spend time with your Lord and Savior, Jesus. Just hang out with Him. Talk to Him. Tell Him what you are thinking and feeling and hurting over and wondering about. Be still before Him and wait for Him to answer. Don’t be in a hurry. Rest in the knowledge that He is before you and behind you and in complete control.

Lord, Jesus, thank You for being with me. Thank You for knowing everything about me—things I don’t even know myself. Help me to rest in the beauty of Your control over my life. Help me to rest in You. In Your precious name, Amen.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Jen! It's been a while since I've visited....Your post really hit the heart. It's a good thing we can come to Him just as we are. God Bless you!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know which post to comment to but the other day while reading I just thought how wonderful it is to be able to read something like this blog. I am so happy that you started it and continue. You are very, very encouraging Jen - to me and I am sure to others. I just wanted to say that I am so very thankful for you.

Love ya!
Nina